Can you help me with a warranty claim?
All our domestic products are covered by a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty. Provided your system is a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries or Fujitsu General, we are able to carry out this warranty claim on your behalf. To help speed up this process we do require your proof of purchase from Midcoast Air.
Can you service/ repair my domestic refrigerator?
My air conditioner won’t turn on? What should I do?
- Checking the batteries in your remote control – do they need replacing?
- Has the power switch been turned off?
- Has the timer been set in the ‘on’ position?
- Is there a power failure or a blown fuse?
My air conditioner is not cooling /heating properly. What should I do?
- Have you set the thermostat at a suitable temperature?
- Is the air filter clean and un clogged?
- Did you leave any doors / windows open?
- Is there direct sunlight entering the room?
- Is there a heat source in the room?
- Are there too many people in the room?
Why is my air conditioner making a slight gurgling sound?
My air conditioner is making a clicking / hissing sound?
My air conditioner is dripping water from the indoor unit. What could be causing this?
- If the unit has been operated for a long amount of time, in a high humidity environment, moisture can form on the air outlet grills and start to drip.
- The drain line (which is located outside)could be clogged. This is one of the most common reasons why your indoor unit may drip water. If the drain line becomes clogged with dirt, dust, mould or other contaminants, water can’t escape and will back up, therefore dripping water from the air conditioner’s indoor unit.
- Your air conditoner’s air filter could be clogged or dirty. If you haven’t cleaned your filter’s recently, or had your air conditioner serviced for quite some time, a build up of dust and dirt and other allergens can restrict air flow causing the temperature to drop and freeze up the evaporators air coil, causing the dripping of water from the indoor unit.
Do you do emergency call outs?
Note: A minimum call out fee applies to all call outs.
What brands of air conditioner do you sell?
How do I know what size air conditioner I need?
When it comes to choosing an air conditioning system for your home or business, selecting the correct size for the room is imperative. At Midcoast Air, we are here to help you, with our free quotes, we are able to measure the size of the area and inform you of the ideal size air conditioner to suit your needs.
Ducted Vs Split System – What is the difference?
While these two types of air conditioners essentially do the same thing, the ways they work are entirely different. Midcoast Air are able to take you through the features of each and pros and cons of each to help you choose the system that is right for you.
How often should I clean my filters?
What maintenance does my air conditioner require?
In order to maintain functionality and performance of your air conditioner, regular scheduled servicing, provided by our professional service technicians are of the upmost importance. Periodic maintenance (at least once per year) including the cleaning and de clogging of air filters and drainage systems will not only optimise the efficiency of your air conditioner, but will also provide real savings when it comes to your energy bills.
Faults incurred through lack of maintenance (Eg; drains Filters etc) are NOT covered by the Manufacturer’s warranty.
Midcoast Air holds No responsibility for systems that are not serviced regularly.